Who is it for?
Our domestic assistance service is available for eligible people.
Ways we can help
Our service response will differ according to each person’s needs and goals. We focus on helping a person to live as independently and autonomously as possible by:
- promoting active participation in home care and decisions about needs,
- maximising a person’s independence,
- supporting care relationships.
Some of our services include:
- bathroom and toilet cleaning
- changing of bed linen
- small amount of ironing
- help with meal preparation
- unaccompanied shopping (shopping on behalf of a client from a list)
How much does it cost?
- Low fee: $9.10 per hour
- Medium fee: $19.10 per hour
- High fee: $42.80 per hour
The cost varies according to your financial income.
For a single person
Less than $39,089
$39,089 to $86,208
More than $86,208
For a couple
Less than $57,268
$59,802 to $115,245
More than $115,245
* A per kilometre rate of $1 is charged for any service that requires travel. In a few instances, a higher fee may be charged. This will be determined at the time of accepting a referral.
Please note: we require at least one business day notice for service cancellation and if this is not received, the usual fee will apply.
Accessing the service
The way you access our domestic assistance service depends on your age.
If you're over 65
Visit the My Aged Care website or call them on 1800 200 422, and get a referral to our aged care services.
If you're under 65
Call us on 9524 3333 to see what services you can access.
Direct debit is our preferred method of payment. To pay via direct debit, please complete and return our Direct Debit Request Form (PDF, 130KB) to:
Glen Eira City Council
PO Box 42
Caulfield South 3162
To pay online, visit our payment portal and add the reference number from your bill.
Online via Centrepay
If you're a pensioner, you can ask Centrepay to deduct money before it goes into your bank account.
To pay via Centrepay, link your Council services through MyGov. Find instructions here.
To pay via BPAY, please use biller code 73106 and the reference number on your bill.
To pay in person, please visit our Service Centre on the corner of Glen Eira and Hawthorn Roads, Caulfield.
How is it funded?
These services are paid for by the Australian Government's Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) and Victorian Government's Home and Community Care Program for Younger People (HACC-PYP).