Pensioner concession

If you are an eligible concession card holder under the Municipal Rates Concession Scheme, you may be entitled to a rebate on your rates.

On this page

Which concession cards are eligible?

  • Pensioner concession card — issued by Centrelink or Department of Veterans’ Affairs
  • Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card — War Widow (WW)
  • Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card — Totally and Permanently Incapacitated (TPI)

Can I use my healthcare card?

No. Your healthcare card is not an eligible card for a concession on Council rates.

How much is the concession?

The available State Government concession is 50 per cent of rates to a maximum of $247.

We also offer an additional rebate, which brings the maximum rebate to $270 for rates. The rebate for the Fire Services Property levy is $50.

Are there any other conditions?

You must be the ratepayer. This means the name and address on your card is the same as the name and address on your rate notice for your property.

You must use the house only for residential purposes. It cannot be a business.

The house must be your primary residence.

How do I apply for the rebate?

Complete a Municipal rates concession form (PDF, 124KB) and forward to Council.

If you’d like us to send you this form, contact us on 9524 3333.

Please note: if you move to a new property, you will need to reapply for this rebate.

For further information, visit Concessions and benefits on the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services website.



Related resources