The Amendment proposes to apply a Heritage Overlay to the Murrumbeena Village Precinct (HO187).
Specifically the amendment seeks to:
- Amend the Schedule to Clause 43.01 Heritage Overlay to include HO187;
- Amend the Schedule to Clause 72.04 to include the Statement of Significance for HO187;
- Amend Map No. 2HO to apply a Heritage Overlay HO187 as per the map above.
The Panel Hearing for the Amendment was held from 11 May to 12 May 2020.
Council received the Panel Report from Planning Panels Victoria on 29 May 2020 detailing their recommendations for Murrumbeena Village Precinct.
The Panel recommends the Amendment C201glen be adopted as exhibited subject to further recommendations contained in the report. The report includes a recommendation which requires Council to undertake further work. Once this has been completed the Panel Report will be considered at Council meeting anticipated for 30 June 2020.
The Panel's report is not binding for Council, or the Minister, but it must be considered before Council.
Council adopted Amendment C201 on 30 June 2020 generally in accordance with the recommendations of the Panel.
Officers will now submit the adopted amendment to the Minister for Planning for final approval in accordance with Section 31 of the Planning and Environment Act 1987. After the Minister approves the amendment, the changes to the Heritage Overlay will be included in the Glen Eira Planning Scheme.
Council Part A Submission
- Council’s Part A Submission was circulated on Monday 27 April 2020.
- Attachment B – Draft City of Glen Eira Heritage Review 2020 – stage two: citations
- Attachment C - Volume 1 of the Glen Eira Heritage Management Plan (1996)
Expert Witness Statements
- Peter Barrett expert evidence statement - 1 May 2020
- Simon Reeves expert evidence statement - 4 May 2020
- Notice of Preparation of Amendment
- Planning scheme map
- Explanatory Report
- Statement of Significance – Murrumbeena Village
- Schedule to Clause 43.01 Heritage Overlay
- Schedule to Clause 72.04 Incorporated Documents
- Instruction Sheet
NOTE: Council requested the Minister for Planning to prepare, adopt and approve an Interim Heritage Overlay over this precinct to ensure that the area is protected from inappropriate demolition or development while the permanent amendment is assessed and proceeds through the lengthy amendment process. This request has now been decided with the outcome being Amendment C198 being approved and gazetted on 23 April 2020 that has applied an interim Heritage Overlay to 430-434 Neerim Road, Murrumbeena until 31 March 2021.