Amendment C201glen applies to the Murrumbeena Village Precinct, Murrumbeena. This includes:
- Neerim Road: 398, 412-486, 504 (even), 453-473 (odd)
- Murrumbeena Road: 55-87 (odd), 88-94 (even)
The Amendment proposes to apply a Heritage Overlay to the Murrumbeena Village Precinct (HO187).
Specifically the amendment seeks to:
- Amend the Schedule to Clause 43.01 Heritage Overlay to include HO187;
- Amend the Schedule to Clause 72.04 to include the Statement of Significance for HO187;
- Amend Map No. 2HO to apply a Heritage Overlay HO187 as per the attached map.
Current status: Exhibition
Amendment C155 applies to the land described within the East Village Comprehensive Development Plan, December 2018 (the CDP), and known as East Village. The CDP affects approximately 25 hectares of predominately industrial/commercial land, bounded by North Road (north), East Boundary Road (west), Virginia Park (south) and existing residential development (east) in Bentleigh East. Seven residential-zoned properties are included within the CDP.
The Amendment proposes to:
- Amend the Municipal Strategic Statement (MSS) at Clause 21.01 and Clause 21.03 to remove reference to Virginia Park Industrial Estate and Virginia Park Business Centre as forming the base of industry in Glen Eira and being the municipality’s largest industrial area.
- Amend the Local Planning Policy Framework at Clause 21.06 — Business and 21.07 — Industry to remove reference to Virginia Park Industrial Estate and Virginia Park Business Centre, removes reference to rezoning land to Commercial 1 Zone, Business 2 Zone, Business 3 Zone and Industrial 1 Zone, and inserts reference to East Village.
- Incorporate two new documents into the Planning Scheme by listing the documents in the Schedule to Clause 72.04 as:
- East Village Comprehensive Development Plan, December 2018
- East Village Development Contributions Plan, October 2018
- Insert Schedule 2 to Clause 37.02 Comprehensive Development Zone (CDZ2) into the Scheme.
- Insert Map 4CDZ and rezones the land to CDZ2.
- Insert Clause 45.06 — Development Contributions Plan Overlay (DCPO) into the Scheme.
- Insert Schedule 1 to Clause 45.06 into the Scheme.
- Insert Map 4DCPO and applies the Development Contributions Plan Overlay — Schedule 1 (DCPO1) to the land within the CDP area.
- Amend Map 4EAO to apply the Environmental Audit Overlay (EAO) to land within the CDP area previously zoned Industrial 1 Zone (IN1Z).
- Delete Map 4DPO (Development Plan Overlay) from the planning scheme maps.
- Update the schedule to Clause 53.01 to require subdivision within the Commercial North sub precinct, Commercial west sub precinct and Commercial north (subject to drainage control) sub precinct to provide a contribution towards open space of 5.7 per cent (5.7%). All other land within the precinct will be required to provide a contribution of 11.4 per cent (11.4%).
- Update the schedule to Clause 72.03 to reflect mapping changes.
- Update the Schedule to Clause 72.08 Background Documents — to include East Village Structure Plan 2018–2031 as a background document to Amendment C155.
Current status: The Panel Hearing for the Amendment was held from 2 December to 13 December 2019.
The Panel now has 40 business days to submit their report and recommendations to Council. Once Council receives the Panel report it will be considered at a Council meeting.
The Panel's report is not binding for Council, or the Minister, but it must be considered before Council or the Minister makes a decision
259 Glen Eira Road, Caulfield North
Amendment C181 applies to the land at 259 Glen Eira Road. It's a combined planning permit application and planning scheme amendment under section 96A of the Planning and Environment Act 1987.
The amendment proposes to vary the wording of a covenant on the land title for 259 Glen Eira Road, Caulfield North, in combination with the planning application for the development and use of the land for the purpose of an Education Centre, reduction of the car and bicycle parking requirements, display of a business identification sign and alteration of access to a road in a Road Zone Category 1.
Current status: Panel Report received
8 Gordon Street, Elsternwick
Amendment C182 applies to the ABC television studios Gordon Street at 8 Gordon Street, Elsternwick.
The amendment proposes to apply the Heritage Overlay (HO156) to the subject site and amend the Schedule to Clause 72.04 to incorporate the document titled “Former ABC TV Gordon Street Studios Statement of Significance” in the Glen Eira Planning Scheme.
Current status: Amendment adopted