Post-war and Hidden Gems Heritage Review 2020 and Glen Eira Thematic Environmental History (Refresh) 2020 — C214glen
This amendment implements the findings of the City of Glen Eira Post-war and Hidden Gems Heritage Review 2020 by proposing to include the nominated sites within the Heritage Overlay.
168 Hawthorn Road Caulfield North Amendment — C217glen
Amendment C217 proposes to rezone the northern boundary of 168 Hawthorn Road, Caulfield North from Commercial 1 Zone to General Residential Zone — Schedule 2.
Heritage Elsternwick, Carnegie and Bentleigh Amendment — C204glen
Planning Scheme Amendment C204 proposes to apply a heritage overlay to places and precincts in Elsternwick, to implement part of the Glen Eira Heritage Review of Elsternwick Structure Plan Area 2019.
The amendment proposes to:
- implement some of the recommendations of the Glen Eira Heritage Review of Elsternwick Structure Plan Area 2019 Stage 2 Report (last revised 20 March 2020) by including two proposed precincts and twelve proposed individual places within the Heritage Overlay
- include the proposed Glenhuntly Tram Terminus Estate Shops Heritage Precinct within the Heritage Overlay (HO159)
- amend existing HO72 by removing a number of non-contributory properties
- remove two properties from existing Heritage Overlay (HO69).
Field Street Precinct Amendment — C197glen
The land affected by proposed Amendment C197glen is 1–31, 33, 35 and 37 Field Street, Bentleigh. The Amendment proposes to apply a Heritage Overlay (HO188) to the land.
The amendment also seeks to:
- Amend the Schedule to Clause 43.01 — Heritage Overlay to include HO188.
- Amend Schedule 4 to Clause 43.02 — Design and Development Overlay to remove reference to the Field Street character area.
- Amend Schedule 3 Clause 43.05 — Neighbourhood Character Overlay to remove reference to the Field Street character area.
- Amend the Schedule to Clause 72.04 to include the Statement of Significance for HO188.
- Amend Map No. 3HO to apply a Heritage Overlay HO188 as per the attached map.
- Amend Map No. 3NCO to delete the Neighbourhood Character Overlay (NCO3) as per the attached map.
- Amend Map No. 3DDO to delete the Design and Development Overlay (DDO4) as per the attached map.
The Panel hearing took place on Tuesday 22 September via zoom.
Council received the Panel Report from Planning Panels Victoria on Friday 25 September 2020 detailing their recommendations for the Field Street Precinct.
The Panel recommends the Amendment C197glen be adopted as exhibited subject to further recommendations from Council contained in the report.
Current status: The Amendment was gazetted into the Glen Eira Planning Scheme on 10 June 2021.
Carnegie and Bentleigh Structure Plan Heritage Review Amendment — C190glen
The land affected by the amendment C190glen includes the following land parcels and precincts in Bentleigh, Carnegie and Brighton East.
- 24 Elliott Avenue, Carnegie
- 56 Thomas Street, Brighton East
- No's 178, 200, 325, 385, 411, 438 and 438B Centre Road, Bentleigh
- No's 181 and 185 Koornang Road, Carnegie
- 234 and 254 Neerim Road, Carnegie
- No’s 1118 and 1084 Dandenong Road, Carnegie
- 1A Toolambool Road Carnegie
- Carnegie Railway Station Reserve Koornang Road, Carnegie
- Albert Flatman’s Estates Precinct, Carnegie
- Bentleigh Heights Estate Precinct, Bentleigh
- Bentleigh Residential Precinct, Bentleigh
- Carnegie Residential Precinct, Carnegie
- Rose Hill Estate Precinct, Bentleigh
- Grand View Estate Shops, Bentleigh
- Carnegie Retail Precinct, Carnegie
- Glenhuntly Tram Terminus Estate Shops, Carnegie
- Bentleigh Retail Precinct, Bentleigh
- Shops, 369–377 Centre Road, Bentleigh
A detailed description of selected properties affected within each precinct is included in the Explanatory Report.
The amendment proposes to implement the recommendations of the:
- Glen Eira Heritage Review of Bentleigh and Carnegie Structure Plan Areas (Residential) 2019 Stage 2 Report prepared by RBA Architects and Conservation Consultants Pty Ltd.
- Glen Eira Heritage Review of Bentleigh and Carnegie Structure Plan Areas (Commercial) 2018 Stage 2 Report prepared by RBA Architects and Conservation Consultants Pty Ltd.
- Heritage Report: Former Methodist Church, 254 Neerim Road and 1A Toolambool Road, Carnegie reviewed and prepared by Heritage Alliance (2019).
The amendment proposes to make changes to the Glen Eira Planning Scheme to implement the recommendations of the above listed heritage reports, through changes to the Municipal Strategic Statement, local planning policy, Heritage Overlay, Design and Development Overlay, Neighbourhood Character Overlay, operational provisions and planning scheme maps.
Council received the Panel Report from Planning Panels Victoria on 23 December 2020.
The Panel recommends the Amendment C190 be adopted as exhibited with a few minor changes contained in the report.
Council resolved to adopt the Amendment as exhibited with a few minor changes at the Ordinary Council Meeting on 16 March 2021.
Current status: Council resolved to adopt the Amendment on 16 March 2021. Officers will now proceed to lodge the Amendment with the Minister for Planning for approval.
Extension to the Interim Heritage Overlay Amendment — C226glen
The amendment extends the existing interim heritage overlay that applies to selected places and precincts within Elsternwick until 29 July 2022. The amendment was gazetted on 30 July 2021. —