COVID-19 update:

We have entered the second step of the Victorian Roadmap. Find out how eased restrictions have impacted our services.

Point of Discharge Report

Are you looking to do building work that involves a stormwater drain? You should find out if you need to complete a Point of Dischange Report.

On This Page

What is a Point of Discharge Report?

A Point of Dischange Report maps out the legal point of discharge from a property. The legal point of discharge is a Council-specified place from where a property's stormwater must be let out. It’s usually a stormwater drain/pit, where available, or a street kerb and channel.

This report also advises the direction in which to connect stormwater runoff from a building.

Do I need a Point of Discharge Report?

You need a Point of Dischange Report if you’re applying to do building work that includes a stormwater drainage system. Your building surveyor must also consider this report before issuing a building permit.

Please note: a Point of Dischange Report doesn’t give you permission to carry out the connection. It also doesn’t provide a plan of stormwater drains on your land.

Can I apply online?

Yes, you apply for a Point of Discharge Report online.

If you haven't used our ePathway site before, please register to apply for permits online. When we approve your registration, we’ll send you a confirmation email.

Already registered? Log in now and apply for a Point of Discharge Report.

There may be extra fees for the bond amount during the application assessment. An officer will advise you of any changes.