You must obtain a Permit to occupy a Council Land or Road to carry out any works or activities that involve:
- fencing off part of a road
- erecting a hoarding, scaffolding or overhead protective awning
- the use of a mobile crane, scissor lift, forklift, boom, concrete line pump and tackle or hoist machinery or any other equipment used for any Building Works
- leaving or storing any building, paving or other construction materials or rubble or any tools, machinery, plant or equipment
- for any other non-road purpose.
We assess each Permit application individually, based on things like public safety, drainage and potential damage to roads.
Applications must be submitted to Council at least seven days before works or activity.
How to apply
To apply for a Permit, please first complete our application form and pay the relevant fee.
You may need to provide us with the following information when submitting your Permit:
- Public liability insurance company, policy number, expiry date and insurance amount (min. $20,000,000)
- Site plan indicating the location of works and affected properties (evidence of letter drop will be required)
- Dilapidation survey plan
- VicRoads approval
- Yarra Trams approval
- Consent of neighbouring properties (letter drop including evidence of affected properties contacted)
- Traffic Management Safety Plan
Open space Permit (if occupying Council’s parks, a separate Permit may be obtained from the Recreation and Open Space department on 9524 3333).
|Crane (includes scissor lift, cherry picker, knuckle boom etc.)||$180|
|Restricted parking||$100 (per space one day only)|
|Non-restricted parking||$54.20 (per space one day only)|
|Footpath/road occupancy||$178.60 plus the area of occupation at $4.30 (per square metre per day)|
For further information, contact our Civic Compliance Unit on 9524 3333.