Due to the COVID-19 restrictions

our Customer Service Centre at Town Hall is closed. We are still receiving and responding to requests and questions via phone and through online channels. Find out more about COVID-19 and what Council is doing in our COVID-19 services update.

Hoarding permit

You need a hoarding permit if your proposed building works or public protection measures occupy Council Land, such as footpaths or roads.

On This Page

Your building surveyor will usually apply for a hoarding permit as part of the building permit application. However, you may also need a hoarding permit if you want to carry out maintenance works to a building.

Under the Community Local Law 2019, we can impose penalties if you don't build or maintain a hoarding in accordance with the hoarding permit.

You may also need to apply for report and consent if your building surveyor decides that you need to occupy Council Land to ensure public safety.

What is the cost of a hoarding permit?

Hording permit fee: $171.35 with an additional $4.10 per square metre of Council land occupied (fee may vary)

Apply for a hoarding permit

You can apply for a hoarding permit online, and we must approve your application before you start building works.

Register to apply online

Already registered? Log in now and lodge Hoarding permit application