We can help you take a break
We can help if you need short-term care of your child between the ages of six months and five years.
We provide a friendly, inclusive and respectful service, managed by Council and staffed by qualified educators.
Our programs are developed by qualified early childhood educators and are rich in play opportunities that enhance children's social, emotional, physical and cognitive development.
Follow Glen Eira City Council on Facebook to keep up-to-date or check this page for any changes to the Occasional Care program.
Carnegie Occasional Care Centre
Carnegie Occasional Care program is available on Wednesday and Thursday during school terms on a casual basis.
Read the Glen Eira occasional care information sheet to find out more.
Carnegie Children's Multipurpose Centre (next to Carnegie Library and Community Centre)
3–7 Shepparson Avenue, Carnegie
- Wednesday 9.30am to 12.30pm
- Thursday 9.30am to 12.30pm
How to book
Bookings open, Monday 26 September at 8.30am.
- Bookings are essential.
- Places can be booked on a casual basis.
- Bookings are taken from Monday, one week in advance of care.
If you're using our service for the first time, please complete our Occasional care enrolment form (PDF, 156KB) and take it with you on your first visit. You must do this before you leave your child at our service.
GESAC Occasional Care
Glen Eira Sports and Aquatic Centre (GESAC)
200 East Boundary Road, Bentleigh East
Sessions are available Monday to Friday:
- Session 1: 9.15am to 10.25am (1hr 10min)
- Session 2: 10.30am to 11.50am (1hr 20min)
- Session 1 + 2: 9.15am to 11.50am
How to book
- Book in advance:
- Seven days in advance for members
- Five days in advance for casual visitors
- Call GESAC Reception on 9575 7100
- Purchase in person at GESAC reception.
For further information visit, our Glen Eira Leisure GESAC Occasional Care page.