How is the service currently operating?
Our Maternal and Child Health Service is starting to return to a full face-to-face service.
All Key Ages and Stages, visits have resumed. COVID-19 precautions continue to be implemented as per the Department of Health and Human Services.
We ask all caregivers to complete a QR code on entry which includes a COVID-19 questionnaire.
You must wear a face mask when attending the Centre. Do not attend your appointment if you or your child are unwell.
For more information or for any concerns, you can call the Glen Eira Maternal and Child Health Hotline on 9524 3403 between 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Group talks/educational online sessions
Sleep and settling sessions
Book via the links below:
Food in the first 12 months
All sessions are held at 2pm, book via the links below:
What is the Maternal and Child Health (MCH) service?
The MCH service is a free service for parents and carers with children aged from birth to school years. It’s provided by MCH nurses, who are also registered nurses and midwives.
MCH is a family-focused service offering guidance, support and practical information in parenting, maternal health and family wellbeing.
How do we help?
Our maternal and child health nurses can help with:
- breastfeeding and nutrition advice
- the health and physical development of your baby or child
- child safety and injury prevention
- keeping your family healthy
- oral health
- playgroups and kindergarten enrolment
- parent education talks
- our new parents' group.
|Bentleigh Maternal and Child Health||542 Centre Road, Bentleigh|
|Caulfield Maternal and Child Health||Corner Glen Eira and Hawthorn Roads, Caulfield|
|Elsternwick Maternal and Child Health||274–276 Glen Eira Road, Elsternwick|
|Glen Huntly Maternal and Child Health||Corner Royal and Rosedale Avenues, Glen Huntly|
|McKinnon Maternal and Child Health Centre||186 McKinnon Road, McKinnon|
|Moorleigh Community Village||92 Bignell Road, Bentleigh East|
|Murrumbeena Maternal and Child Health||107 Murrumbeena Road, Murrumbeena|
Key Ages and Stages
Health and development assessments are scheduled for the following ages:
Other useful contacts
- Poisons Information Centre: 13 11 26
- Australian Breastfeeding Association Breast Feeding Helpline: 1800 686 268
- Child First Family Solutions: 1300 721 383
- Child Protection Crisis Line: 13 12 78
- Parent Line: 13 22 89
- Kidsafe: 03 9427 1008
- Kids Helpline: 1800 551 800
- Panda: Post & Antenatal Depression Association: 1300 726 306
- Beyond Baby Blues: 1300 224 636
- Safe Steps Family Violence Response Centre: 1800 015 188
- Jewish Taskforce Against Family Violence: 03 9523 2100
- Women after Gestational Diabetes: 03 8532 1837
- Royal Children's Hospital - kids health info fact sheets
- Raising Children - the Australian parenting website
- health.vic - immunisation
- Australian Breastfeeding Association
- Lactation Consultants of Australia and New Zealand
- Healthy Kids NSW
- Playgroup Victoria
Give us feedback
We welcome your suggestions on how we can improve our services. To give us feedback, email MCHCoordination@gleneira.vic.gov.au