Is the Maternal and Child Health service still running?
Yes, our Maternal and Child Health Service is still running. Changes have been made to our service delivery — we are now conducting all consultations via phone. Priority is being given to:
- new babies,
- two week Key Ages and Stages,
- four week Key Ages and Stages,
- eight week Key Ages and Stages.
Families can also speak to a member of the maternal and child health admin team on 9524 3403 between 9am–5pm, Monday to Friday for further information.
We are still holding the following sessions online:
- Food in the first 12 months — August
- Food in the first 12 months — September
- Food in the first 12 months — October
- Food in the first 12 months — November
- Food in the first 12 months — December
- Settling in talk — August
- Settling in talk — September
- Settling in talk — October
- Settling in talk — November
- Settling in talk — December
We have postponed the following upcoming sessions:
- Glen Eira Dads’ Group
- Magical meal times
- 2+ connect playgroup
What is the Maternal and Child Health (MCH) service?
The MCH service is a free service for parents and carers with children aged from birth to school years. It’s provided by MCH nurses, who are also registered nurses and midwives.
MCH is a family-focused service which offers guidance, support and practical information in parenting, maternal health and family wellbeing.
How do we help?
Our maternal and child health nurses can help with:
- breastfeeding and nutrition advice
- the health and physical development of your baby or child
- child safety and injury prevention
- keeping your family healthy
- oral health
- playgroups and kindergarten enrolment
- parent education talks
- our new parents' group.
Key Ages and Stages
Health and development assessments are scheduled for the following ages:
Other useful contacts
- Poisons Information Centre: 13 11 26
- Australian Breastfeeding Association Breast Feeding Helpline: 1800 686 268
- Child First Family Solutions: 1300 721 383
- Child Protection Crisis Line: 13 12 78
- Parent Line: 13 22 89
- Kidsafe: 03 9427 1008
- Kids Helpline: 1800 551 800
- Panda: Post & Antenatal Depression Association: 1300 726 306
- Beyond Baby Blues: 1300 224 636
- Safe Steps Family Violence Response Centre: 1800 015 188
- Jewish Taskforce Against Family Violence: 9523 2100
- Women after Gestational Diabetes: 8532 1837
- Royal Children's Hospital - kids health info fact sheets
- Raising Children - the Australian parenting website
- health.vic - immunisation
- Australian Breastfeeding Association
- Lactation Consultants of Australia and New Zealand
- Healthy Kids NSW
- Playgroup Victoria
Give us feedback
We welcome your suggestions on how we can improve our services. To give us feedback, email MCHCoordination@gleneira.vic.gov.au