Accessible sport programs and facilities
The Glen Eira Sports and Aquatic Centre (GESAC) has some fantastic programs and facilities that cater to people with disabilities.
Wellness Program Pool
The 200-square-metre Wellness Program Pool is one of the largest of its kind in Australia. It includes ramp and hoist access, and hosts specially designed classes for older adults and people with special needs.
Attendant support program
If you want to get active and need support to do so, GESAC's Attendant Support Program is for you.
Their dedicated and qualified support staff cater for people of all abilities. They match attendant support officers to your needs to provide one-on-one assistance.
The program also includes:
- help with entering and exiting pools
- personal care
- in-water support
- gym program support
- access to the accessible change rooms with overhead hoist and adjustable changing bench
- access to gym and facilities
- Basketball Unlimited is a fun and inclusive basketball competition held on courts 1 and 2. Everyone is welcome!
Accessible parks and playgrounds
There are 8 parks and playgrounds: with accessible play equipment in Glen Eira. These include:
- Allnutt Park
- Booran Reserve
- Caulfield Park (Park Crescent)
- Halley Park
- Harleston Park (new)
- McKinnon Reserve (new)
- Packer Park
- Princes Park
For more information, visit our Parks and playgrounds page and filter the list by 'Accessible.'