I'm an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander

If you're an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, the disability services you can access will depend on whether you're under 50, or 50 and older.

On this page

I'm under 50

If you’re under 50, you may be eligible to access services through the Home and Community Care Program for Younger People (HACC-PYP). This program aims to help you live at home as independently as possible.

Services provided by Council with state HACC-PYP funding include:

  • domestic assistance
  • personal care
  • shopping
  • delivered meals
  • home maintenance
  • social support at home
  • facilitated social activity groups (at our Leila Road venue).

How do I access the HACC-PYP?

For help accessing the HACC-PYP, call our In-Home Support team on 9524 3333.

If you’re eligible for our support, someone from our In-Home Support team will come to your home to conduct an assessment. They’ll speak to you about what you can manage independently and make a decision on how to help you.

I have a significant or permanent disability

If you have a significant and permanent disability, we recommend that you call the NDIS on 1800 800 110. This will allow you to determine your eligibility for NDIS funding and support before enquiring about our services.

If you’re using HACC-PYP services, you will transfer to the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) as it rolls out in Victoria.

For more information about NDIS eligibility, please visit the NDIS website.

I'm 50 or older

If you’re 50 or older, you may be eligible for services through the Federal Government’s Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP).

CHSP provides a range of services including:

  • domestic assistance
  • personal care
  • shopping
  • delivered meals
  • home maintenance
  • social support at home
  • facilitated social activity groups (at our Leila Road venue)

How do I access the CHSP?

If you’re seeking support for the first time, you must register with My Aged Care (MAC). MAC is the starting point for accessing Federal Government-funded services, and they decide on your eligibility.

After you register, MAC will refer you to either the Regional Assessment Service (RAS) or Aged Care Assessment Service (ACAS). They’ll conduct an assessment in your home, discussing what you can manage independently and any assistance you need.

If you’re eligible for assistance, RAS or ACAS will refer you to your preferred service providers. If we’re your preferred provider, a member of our Community Aged Care team will contact you and discuss when services will start.

For more information, visit the My Aged Care website or call 1800 200 422 from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 10am to 2pm on Saturday.

How much do services cost?

The cost of the above services depends on your income. For more information, call us on 9524 3333.

Payment methods

Direct debit

Direct debit is our preferred method of payment. To pay via direct debit, please complete and return our Direct Debit Request Form (PDF, 130KB) to:

Accounts Receivable
Glen Eira City Council
PO Box 42
Caulfield South 3162


To pay online, visit our payment portal and add the reference number from your bill.

Online via Centrepay

If you're a pensioner, you can ask Centrepay to deduct money before it goes into your bank account.

To pay via Centrepay, link your Council services through MyGov. Find instructions here


To pay via BPAY, please use biller code 73106 and the reference number on your bill.

In person

To pay in person, please visit our Service Centre on the corner of Glen Eira and Hawthorn Roads, Caulfield.