Community houses in Glen Eira
|Caulfield South Community House||
450-452 Kooyong Road
|Godfrey Street Community House||
9 Godfrey Street
|Moongala Women's Community House||
824 Centre Road
|Glen Eira Adult Learning Centre||
260 Booran Road
What do community houses offer?
Also known as neighbourhood houses or adult learning centres, community houses offer a range of programs to children and adults. These may include:
- three-year-old kindergarten
- arts and craft workshops
- book clubs
- childcare facilities
- community garden projects
- computer classes
- cultural classes
- English as a second language (ESL) classes
- exercise classes
- friendship/support groups
- language classes (French, Spanish, Italian)
- music for children
- photography classes
- reading, writing and numeracy programs
- skill development programs (MYOB, business administration, job preparation)
- small business and marketing programs
- walking groups
- youth groups.
Contact these facilities directly to find out which programs they offer.
Benefits for adults
If you're an adult looking to learn or upgrade your skills, a community house or adult learning centre allows you to:
- develop your skills in a nurturing environment
- learn in smaller, focused classes
- study part-time
- pay affordable fees
- access childcare
- enrol anytime
- access registered training programs and pre-accredited classes.
You can also contact a community house if you'd like to volunteer and get involved with your community.
Benefits for children
Are you a parent looking for a fun, affordable option for your child? Enrolling them in three-year-old kindergarten, childcare or playgroup has a huge range of benefits including:
- great preparation for primary school
- teaching them to socialise with other children
- fun play activities
- an early start to learning.