Watch: The LinkedIn teleportation machine: How to take your business anywhere
- LinkedIn is a social media platform that helps users share business-related content, professional endorsements and recommendations, jobs, and other business content. The platform has 11 million registered Australian users, half of which log in every month.
- LinkedIn audience behaviour is distinct from their platforms. LinkedIn users spend time on work-related pursuits whereas Facebook users spend time escaping work.
- Key steps to starting a LinkedIn account:
- Identify your target audience (eg. suppliers, geographic area, or job role)
- Identify why your business needs LinkedIn (eg. brand awareness, audience engagement, content promotion, market research etc)
- Identify how to achieve your objectives (eg. increase sales, promote a product launch, improve audience engagement etc).
- As Google often lists a LinkedIn profile at the top of search results, LinkedIn can act as a default personal web page. The LinkedIn mobile app also has a virtual business card function.
- Audience growth on LinkedIn is essential to attaining business objectives. LinkedIn lets you convert your email contacts and email addresses into LinkedIn contacts.
- LinkedIn allows users to set up company pages as well as personal professional profiles. This can be a useful strategy as the platform makes it easy for businesses and consumers to connect.