Current special rates
Special rates to cover marketing and promotional activities currently apply to commercial properties within the following shopping precincts:
- Bentleigh Shopping Centre
- Carnegie Shopping centre
- Elsternwick Shopping Centre
Our schemes for Carnegie Shopping Centre and Elsternwick Shopping Centre end on 30 June 2024, while the special rate for Bentleigh ends on 30 June 2028.
Here's the relevant documentation for these schemes:
Bentleigh Shopping Centre
- Bentleigh Public Notice (PDF, 2MB)
- Bentleigh Special Rate Declaration (PDF, 63KB)
- Bentleigh Special Rate Area Map (PDF, 605KB)
Carnegie Shopping Centre
- Carnegie Public Notice (PDF, 97KB)
- Carnegie Special Rate Declaration (PDF, 71KB)
- Carnegie Special Rate Area Map (PDF, 451KB)
- Carnegie Main Street Marketing Plan for Businesses (PDF, 1MB)
Elsternwick Shopping Centre
- Elsternwick Public Notice (PDF, 98KB)
- Elsternwick Special Rate Declaration (PDF, 71KB)
- Elsternwick Special Rate Area Map (PDF, 744KB)
- Elsternwick Main Street Committee Marketing Proposal (PDF, 5MB)
- Elsternwick Main Street Committee Overview of Activity and Future Plans (PDF, 64KB)
How much do I pay?
The basis for calculation is the declared special rate in the dollar (different to the general rate) by the Net Annual Value (NAV) of the property, unless a minimum or maximum cap applies. The benefit levels, maximums and minimums vary between schemes.
Will we send a separate rate notice?
Yes, we'll send a separate notice for special rates in addition to your general rates notice. The special rates are payable in four instalments.
If you have any questions about our current or proposed special rates, contact our Place Making Officer on 9524 3333.