What's the purpose of the strategy?
Glen Eira is forecast to continue to grow - people, dwellings and jobs. The strategy aims to plan for this growth by setting a new 15 year City vision for the future of Glen Eira that builds on the City's strengths: its wonderful amenity, a diverse community and a number of well connected activity centres.
The strategy aims to provide
- policy direction for housing, local jobs & employment and activity centres
- context for updating our Planning Scheme local policy
- a planning policy link between our Council and Community Plan and the State Government's Plan Melbourne objectives
- policy direction/context for structure plan development
- a community-owned plan for achieving State Government housing and job targets
- high level, place-based direction for upcoming strategies
How did we develop the strategy?
The strategy was informed by extensive community feedback, including more than 60 submissions, expert analysis, background papers, and a review of trends across metropolitan Melbourne.
For more information, download the Activity Centre, Housing and Local Economy Strategy (PDF, 2MB)