To hire our gallery, you need to submit an online application form. If you have any questions, please contact our gallery co-ordinator and curator Diane Soumilas on 9524 3333 or firstname.lastname@example.org
What kind of proposals are you after?
We give priority to proposals that address one of the following themes:
- local content
- children and families
- cultural heritage and identity.
Your proposal should also:
- promote innovation, diversity and quality
- show a high level of technical ability
- offer a coherent body of work or theme
- present artworks professionally and with a high level of competency.
What should I include in my application?
Please ensure that your application includes:
- a brief written description of your exhibition (maximum of 300 words)
- high-resolution jpeg images of up to six proposed artworks proposed for the exhibition
- your resume or biographies of key personnel
- how much space you need.
Submitting an application doesn't ensure a place in our exhibition program.
How much will it cost?
- full space for three weeks: $4,300
- half-space for three weeks: $2,835
- full space for four weeks: $5,565
- half-space for four weeks: $3,800
If your application is successful, you need to pay 50% of the full fee within 14 days of our written confirmation of the booking. You must pay the remaining 50% of the fee no later than (30) days before the hire period starts.
You also need to pay a security deposit of $500 for full venue hire and $250 for half venue hire three months before the hire period starts.
We can negotiate special rates if you live, work or study in the City of Glen Eira. If you're running a group exhibition, everyone in the group must meet this criteria to qualify for a special rate.
What services do you include?
When you hire our gallery we'll give you:
- professional exhibition advice and installation assistance from our curator
- kitchen staff for one launch
- our kitchen and glasses for the opening
- after-hours alarm protection and security
- use of our arts and culture database to email any invitations you prepare
- staff supervision of the gallery during weekdays.
The Gallery has a listing in Art Almanac and Art Guide Australia conducts a mail out to free publicity listings and to art writers, and can, if required, write and circulate a media release. Information on exhibitions is also included in the Glen Eira News (Council's monthly newspaper), the Gallery program, on Council’s website, What's On and Facebook page.
Artists or their representatives are required to sit in the gallery during weekend opening hours. The gallery cannot act as an agent for the sale of works, but staff are happy to take down details of expressions of interest. No commission is charged.
Gallery opening hours
Monday to Friday: 10am to 5pm
Weekends: 1pm to 5pm
Closed all public holidays
Community groups can use our Gallery Annexe for free. For more information, download our community group use criteria (PDF, 110KB).