At the election, Council successfully advocated for the community and secured significant funding commitments from the major parties.
We are now working with our newly elected Federal Members of Parliament to ensure they deliver on their commitments to you.
What we advocated for
At the election, we advocated for our Priority advocacy projects for 2022–2023 [PDF], which were endorsed by Council in March 2022.
We successfully secured funding commitments for local projects from every major party.
Liberal National Coalition
The Liberal National Coalition committed to:
- $10 million toward the $52 million redevelopment of the Carnegie Memorial Swimming Pool
- $415,000 toward upgrading the lighting at Koornang Park
- $152,000 for electric vehicle charging stations in Carnegie and Murrumbeena
- $60,000 for an electric vehicle charging station in Bentleigh.
Australian Labor Party
The Australian Labor Party committed to:
- $15 million toward the $52 million redevelopment of the Carnegie Memorial Swimming Pool
- $1.53 million for the redevelopment of the Packer Park Cycling Pavilion in Carnegie
- $416,000 toward a brand-new LED lighting system at Murrumbeena Park.
The Australian Greens committed to:
- $10 million toward the $52 million redevelopment of the Carnegie Memorial Swimming Pool.