We recognise the importance of great customer service. Our annual Community Satisfaction Survey Report is your chance to give us feedback so we can keep improving.
Each year a state-wide community satisfaction survey is carried out throughout Victoria local government areas. Participation in this survey is optional, but we believe strongly in its value.
The survey assesses our performance and looks for ways to improve our service delivery. It also allows us to fulfil some of our statutory reporting requirements.
Key points coming out of this year’s survey include:
- Council’s Overall Performance index score was 67, two points lower than 2019, however, this remains higher than the Metropolitan average and significantly higher than the State-wide average of 58.
- In comparison to Metro and State averages Council is well above State averages in all Core measures and above Metro averages in 5 of the 7 Core areas.
- Council has largely consolidated the significant gains made in 2019 on overall performance and customer service.
- In 2020 all Core measures are above the 2018 levels although a number have shown a small decline from 2019. For example,
- Community consultation improved 5 points in 2019 from 55 to 60 and this year continues to remain at 60;
- Similarly, Customer service improved 6 points between 2018 and 2019 and this year declined two points. However, it remains 4 points above the 2018 score.
Top three performing areas
- sealed local roads
- local streets and footpaths
- recreational facilities
Top three areas for improvement
- planning and building permits, index score of 52
- population growth, index score of 52
- town planning policy, index score of 55
|Performance measure||Glen Eira 2020||Glen Eira 2019||Metro 2020||State-wide 2020||Highest score||Lowest score|
|Overall performance||67||69||66||58||Aged 18–34 years||Aged 50–64 years|
|Community consultation||60||60||58||55||Aged 65+ years||Aged 50–64 years|
(lobbying on behalf of the community)
|55||57||57||53||Aged 18–34 years||Aged 50–64 years|
|Making community decisions
(decisions made in the interest of the community)
|58||61||59||53||Aged 18–34 years||Aged 50–64 years|
|Sealed local roads
(condition of sealed local roads)
|73||70||67||54||Aged 18–34 years||Aged 35–49 years|
|Customer service||77||79||74||70||Aged 65+ years||Aged 35–49 years|
|Overall Council direction||55||59||54||51||Aged 18–34 years||Aged 50–64 years|