We recognise the importance of great customer service. Our annual Community Satisfaction Survey Report is your chance to give us feedback so we can keep improving.
Each year a state-wide community satisfaction survey is carried out throughout Victoria local government areas. Participation in this survey is optional, but we believe strongly in its value.
The survey assesses our performance and looks for ways to improve our service delivery. It also allows us to fulfil some of our statutory reporting requirements.
Key points coming out of this year’s survey include:
- Council’s Overall Performance index score was 68, a one-point improvement on the 2020 result. This remains higher by one point than the Metropolitan average and significantly higher than the State-wide average of 61.
- In comparison to Metro and State averages Council is well above State averages in all Core measures and above Metro averages in 4 of the 7 Core areas.
- In 2021 all Core measures have remained stable with increases and decreases.
Top three performing areas
- appearance of public areas
- recreational facilities
- Art centres and libraries
Top three areas for improvement
- planning and building permits, index score of 51
- population growth, index score of 52
- town planning policy, index score of 56
|Performance measure||Glen Eira 2021||Glen Eira 2020||Metro 2021||State-wide 2021||Highest score||Lowest score|
|Overall performance||68||67||67||61||Aged 65+ years||Aged 35–49 years|
|Consultation and engagement||58||60||59||56||Aged 65+ years||Aged 50–64 years|
(decisions made in the interest of the community)
|59||58||61||56||Aged 18–49 years||Aged 50+ years|
|Sealed local roads
(condition of sealed local roads)
|70||73||68||57||Aged 65+ years||Aged 50–64 years|
|Waste management||75||75||72||69||Aged 65+ years||Aged 18–34 years|
|Customer service||77||77||74||70||Aged 50–64 years||Aged 18–34 years|
|Overall Council direction||54||55||55||53||Aged 18–34 years||Aged 50+ years|