At Glen Eira Council, we recognise the importance of great customer service. Our annual Community Satisfaction Survey Report (PDF) is your chance to give us feedback so we can keep improving.
Community satisfaction survey
We recognise the importance of great customer service. Our annual Community Satisfaction Survey Report is your chance to give us feedback so we can keep improving.
Each year a state-wide community satisfaction survey is carried out throughout Victoria local government areas. Participation in this survey is optional, but we believe strongly in its value.
The survey assesses our performance and looks for ways to improve our service delivery. It also allows us to fulfil some of our statutory reporting requirements.
Key points coming out of this year’s survey include:
- Council’s Overall Performance index score was 69, a one-point improvement on the 2021 result continuing the upward trend from previous years. This remains higher by four points than the Metropolitan average and significantly higher than the State-wide average of 59.
- In comparison to Metro and State averages Council is well above State averages in all Core measures and above Metro averages in 6 of the 7 Core areas and on par with one.
- Glen Eira improved on its 2021 results with 77 percent of measures showing increases and the remainder had minor decreases, going against an overall downward trend in Metro and State averages.
Top three performing areas
- customer service, index score of 78
- appearance of public areas, index score of 77
- recreational facilities and art centres and libraries, index score of 76
Top three areas for improvement
- population growth, index score of 55
- planning and building permits, index score of 57
- lobbying, index score of 57
|Performance measure||Glen Eira 2022||Glen Eira 2021||Metro 2022||State-wide 2022||Highest score||Lowest score|
|Overall performance||69||68||65||59||Aged 18-34 years||Aged 35–49 years|
|Consultation and engagement||60||58||58||54||Aged 18-34 years||Aged 50–64 years|
(decisions made in the interest of the community)
|62||59||59||54||Aged 18–34 years||Aged 50+ years|
|Sealed local roads
(condition of sealed local roads)
|69||70||65||53||Aged 18–34 years||Aged 18–34 years|
|Waste management||72||75||71||68||Aged 65+ years||Aged 18–34 years|
|Customer service||78||77||72||68||Aged 18–34 years||Aged 18–34 years|
|Overall Council direction||53||54||53||50||Aged 18–34 years||Aged 50+ years|