Our procurement policy
We spend a significant amount of money on procuring goods and services. Our procurement policy ensures that our purchasing activities:
- maximise the benefit to Council
- minimise the risk to Council and the community
- provide value for money
- comply with all legal, statutory and Council requirements
- protect Council’s rights and obligations
- maintain a consistent, transparent and auditable process
- promote fair competition from suppliers
- are approved before committing Council funds to external parties, unless it is impracticable
- prioritise sustainable, recycled and environmentally friendly products where practicable
- incorporate social value principles.
Tender values and advertising
In accordance with the Local Government Act 2020, we invite tenders for contracts worth more than $300,000 for goods and services.
We routinely advertise in the tenders section of the Saturday edition of The Age newspaper.
Manage your tenders online
Our online eTendering portal is your one-stop shop for managing, requesting and lodging tenders. You can also view Glen Eira's current open tenders on the portal.
We don't accept any hardcopy, emailed or faxed submissions.
Please ensure you refer to our protected disclosure information, which covers our fraud and corruption policy and how we treat disclosures.
Get started with eTendering
To access the eTendering portal, you must be a registered supplier with a valid email address. To register click on 'Create account' under the 'My account' menu on the left and enter your details. Once you've registered, you'll get a confirmation email. It's free to register and tender.
Once you've registered, please select a password with at least 8 characters, including at least one uppercase letter and at least one number.
As a registered supplier, you may:
- subscribe for email alerts of any new opportunities that become available
- view and download documentation
- seek clarification or ask questions about current opportunities
- receive addendums and other information issued in relation to current opportunities
- upload tender submissions electronically
- view tender outcomes.
Do you need help?
If you need some help with the eTendering portal, download our eTendering Portal Help Guide (PDF, 710KB)
For more information, contact our tendering and contracts co-ordinator on 9524 3333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org