Why do we have CCTV cameras?
CCTV cameras help us manage our services, assets and facilities. We don't operate CCTV cameras for criminal law enforcement. If a law enforcement agency wants to install and operate a CCTV camera on our land, they need to contact us and seek our permission.
What do we do with footage and images?
We manage, use and store CCTV footage and images in accordance with our guidelines and policy, as well as laws including the:
- Surveillance Devices Act 1999 (Vic)
- Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic)
- Public Records Act 1973 (Vic)
- Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006 (Vic)
For more information, download our Closed Circuit Television policy (PDF, 97KB).
Request CCTV footage
We can only consider giving access to our CCTV footage when it relates to:
- supporting the provision and management of our services, assets or facilities
- assisting in an investigation by a law enforcement authority
- any reason permitted under relevant privacy laws.
If you want access to our footage, please complete our CCTV request form (PDF, 104KB) and send it to:
Legal and Governance Officer
Glen Eira City Council
PO Box 42
Caulfield South VIC 3162
You can also email the form to email@example.com.
If you are requesting footage on behalf of the police or other enforcement agencies, please include your rank, identification number and station.