Tuck Shop Take Away has been named Glen Eira City Council’s Shop of the Year.
Do you know a neighbour that is friendly, helpful and inspires others through their acts of kindness? Then why not nominate them to be recognised as part of Council’s Good Neighbour Recognition Program.
Glen Eira Mayor Cr Margaret Esakoff said good neighbours provide connections between people and create a sense of community.
“A good neighbour is someone who provides support, assistance or builds relationships with people who live around them so that they feel safe and connected,” she said.
Examples of some neighbourly activities include:
- Saying hello to other neighbours when you see them in the street.
- Providing a friendly listening ear if a neighbour needs a chat or company.
- Inviting a neighbour over for a cuppa.
- Sharing a meal or baked goodies with neighbours.
- Mowing a neighbour’s lawn.
- Bringing in a neighbour’s bin or mail when they go away.
- Offering to transport a neighbour to appointments or shopping.
- Checking in on neighbours on a regular basis.
Nominations for the Good Neighbour Recognition Program must be submitted on the nomination form which is available from www.gleneira.vic.gov.au/neighbour
Hard copy forms are also available from our Service Centre at Glen Eira Town Hall.
For further information, contact 9524 3333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org