The COVID-19 Omnibus (Emergency Measures) Act 2020, which received Royal Assent on 24 April 2020, amends the Local Government Act 2020 by inserting a new Part 12 – ‘COVID-19 temporary measures. The provisions in Part 12 permit Councillors to participate in a council meeting by electronic means of communication. The public is invited to view the Ordinary Meeting of Council on 21 July 2020 at 7.30 pm on Council’s website (http://webcast.gleneira.vic.gov.au/).
If a technical problem is encountered during the meeting, which prevents Council from live-streaming the meeting, then the meeting will be considered to be adjourned for 10 minutes from the commencement of the technical problem which prevents Council from live-streaming the meeting.
In the event the meeting cannot be resumed within 30 minutes of the commencement of the technical problem which prevents Council from live-streaming the meeting, then the meeting will be considered to be adjourned, to be resumed on Wednesday 22 July at 7.30 pm via live-streaming on Council’s website (http://webcast.gleneira.vic.gov.au/).
Council is not responsible for any data usage charges or technical difficulties that members of the public may experience in accessing Council’s live-stream or recordings of meetings.
A copy of each of the live-streamed meetings is placed on Council’s website the day after the meeting (http://webcast.gleneira.vic.gov.au/).
Reports from Committees and Records of Assembly
Records of the Assemblies of Councillors
- 23 June 2020
- 30 June 2020 pre-meeting
- 8.1 — 179 Booran Road Caulfield South
- 8.2 — 12 Wheeler Street Ormond
- 8.3 — 417 South Road Bentleigh
- 8.4 — VCAT Watch
- 8.5 — Planning Scheme Amendment C190glen: Bentleigh and Carnegie Heritage
- 8.6 — Environmental Sustainability Action Plans for 2019-20 and 2020-21
- 8.7 — Smoke-Free Outdoor Policy
- 8.8 — Weekly Green Bin Trial Outcomes
- 8.9 — Councillor Civic Support and Expenses Policy
- 8.10 — Revised Service Agreement with the Victorian Electoral Commission for the provision of electoral services for the 2020 Council Election
Requests for reports from a member of Council staff:
- Planning application fees for proposals within a Heritage Overlay Area or for a heritage property.
- Advocacy regarding the sale of alcohol in relation to a planning application.
- South East Metropolitan Advanced Waste Processing Procurement Update
- Working For Victoria - CityWide Engagement