A Ordinary Meeting of Council for Glen Eira City Council will be held at 7.30 pm, Tuesday 11 August 2020. The Ordinary Meeting of Council will be live-streamed on Council’s website.
Tuesday 11 August 2020
The COVID-19 Omnibus (Emergency Measures) Act 2020, which received Royal Assent on 24 April 2020, amends the Local Government Act 2020 by inserting a new Part 12 – ‘COVID-19 temporary measures. The provisions in Part 12 permit Councillors to participate in a council meeting by electronic means of communication. The public is invited to view the Ordinary Meeting of Council on Tuesday 11 August 2020 at 7.30 pm on Council’s website (http://webcast.gleneira.vic.gov.au/).
If a technical problem is encountered during the meeting, which prevents Council from live-streaming the meeting, then the meeting will be considered to be adjourned for 10 minutes from the commencement of the technical problem which prevents Council from live-streaming the meeting.
In the event the meeting cannot be resumed within 30 minutes of the commencement of the technical problem which prevents Council from live-streaming the meeting, then the meeting will be considered to be adjourned, to be resumed on Wednesday 12 August at 7.30 pm via live-streaming on Council’s website (http://webcast.gleneira.vic.gov.au/).
Council is not responsible for any data usage charges or technical difficulties that members of the public may experience in accessing Council’s live-stream or recordings of meetings.
A copy of each of the live-streamed meetings is placed on Council’s website the day after the meeting (http://webcast.gleneira.vic.gov.au/).
Reception and reading of Petitions and Joint Letters
A petition containing 27 signatures was submitted to the Council Meeting.
The petition read as follows:
This petition draws to the attention of the Council to the dangerous ‘T” intersection at Hillside Ave and Tovan Akas Ave, Bentleigh, including high speed driving in the area, deteriorating road surface and hazardous pot holes.
‘We the undersigned residents request that Council: Address the above issues and read the attached letters from Residents of Hillside Avenue, Bentleigh.’
Reports from Committees and Records of Assembly
Advisory Committee meetings
- Community Grants Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes – 23 June 2020
- Community Grants Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes – 29 June 2020
- Community Grants Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes – 7 July 2020
- Arts and Culture Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes – 21 July 2020
- Community Engagement Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes – 22 July 2020
Records of the Assemblies of Councillors
- 7 July 2020 Pre-meeting
- 7 July 2020
- 14 July 2020
- 21 July 2020 Pre-meeting
- 8.1 — Tree Protection - Proposed Classified Tree Local Law - Outcomes of the statutory public notice and submission process
- 8.2 — 1A Walworth Avenue and 202-212 Hawthorn Road, Caulfield North
- 8.3 — VCAT Watch
- 8.4 — Post-war and Hidden Gems Heritage Amendment and Glen Eira Thematic Environmental History (refresh)
- 8.5 — Draft Urban Forest Strategy
- 8.6 — Advocacy on the Glenhuntly and Neerim Roads Level Crossing Removals
- 8.7 — Community Grants Recommendations 2020-2021
- 8.8 — Municipal Emergency Management Plan
- 8.9 — Community Satisfaction Survey 2020
- 8.10 — Establish the Audit & Risk Committee in accordance with the Local Government Act 2020
- 8.11 — Governance Rules and Public Transparency Policy
- 8.12 — Quarterly Service Performance Report
- Procurement Policy
- Property Acquisition Opportunity