Volunteers make up an important part of the Glen Eira community and provide valuable contributions through their work with a wide variety of community groups and organisations.
Each year we recognise nominated volunteers at our annual Community Awards event held in mid-May during National Volunteers Week.
Eligibility to nominate
Organisations/groups that are not-for-profit and provide community-based services that benefit Glen Eira residents, can nominate volunteers for an award. Organisations can nominate up to 15 volunteers each year.
All nominations must be endorsed by the organisation and recorded in minutes at a meeting prior to submission. To ensure compliance with Council’s obligations under the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014, please ensure that you have obtained consent from the person you are nominating. The individual completing the nomination form must be in a position of responsibility (president, secretary or office bearer).
Nominations can be made in one of seven categories. Nominees will receive a Certificate of Appreciation. Volunteers nominated must provide a service within Glen Eira for the benefit of residents in the following categories:
- 500 hours of service
- 1,000 hours of service
- 2,000 hours of service
- special service
- 10 years continuous service
- 20 years continuous service
- 30 years continuous service
- 40 years continuous service
- 50 years continuous service.
Organisations/groups must meet the following requirements:
- Each nomination should be completed using Council’s online Volunteer Recognition Program nomination form.
- Consent must be obtained from the person being nominated in accordance with Victorian privacy laws.
- Volunteers should be nominated once for each category as hours of service are cumulative. For example, a volunteer who receives a 500-hour award will next be eligible to receive a 1,000-hour award.
Nominations are currently closed and will reopen in 2023
Annual Community Awards event
Each year Council publicly celebrates and thanks our volunteers at the Community Awards event held in mid-May during National Volunteer Week. Details about the event are announced closer to the date.
Organisations/groups will be required to co-ordinate the attendance of their eligible volunteers. Subsequent to the award event, all Volunteer Recognition Program recipients are publicly acknowledged by Glen Eira City Council.
If you have any questions about the nomination process email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9524 3333.