Councillor Code of Conduct
We adopted our current Councillor Code of Conduct (PDF, 474KB) on 3 November 2021 in accordance with the Local Government Act 2020.
On 30 August 2016 we set up the Conduct Reference Group Terms of Reference and Operating Guidelines (PDF, 33KB), to operate within the Code of Conduct.
Councillor Communications and Media Protocol
We adopted our current Councillor Communications and Media Protocol (PDF, 117KB) on 3 November 2021. This protocol applies to Councillor interaction with community members via written communication, external news media and engagement with any public facing social media platform.
Councillor Child Safe Policy
We adopted a Councillor Child Safe Policy (PDF, 146KB) on 26 November 2019. The Policy outlines expectations for Councillors when interacting with children and young people and our responsibilities in identifying, responding to and reporting child abuse.
Councillor Gift Policy
We adopted a Councillor Gift Policy (PDF, 625KB) on 6 April 2021. The Policy objective is to:
- provide guidance and transparency on the acceptance and declaration of any gifts or benefits offered to, or received by, Councillors
- maintain high levels of integrity and public trust by avoiding potential, actual or perceived conflicts of interest and reducing opportunities for fraud and corruption
- provide for the maintenance of a gift register and any other matters prescribed by the regulations under section 138 of the Local Government Act 2020
- complement personal interest returns by recording gifts that are below the threshold for disclosure set by the Local Government (Governance and Integrity) Regulations 2020.
View the Councillors Gift Register (PDF, 378KB).
Personal Interest Return Summary
Council adopted a Public Transparency Policy (PDF, 209KB) on 11 August 2020. As part of the Policy and in accordance with section 135 of the Local Government Act 2020 a summary of the Councillors personal interest returns is available.
It is a requirement under the Local Government Act 2020 (Act) and the Local Government (Governance and Integrity) Regulations 2020 (Regulations) for Councillors to complete an initial personal interest return followed by biannual personal interest returns in March and September each year (prescribed periods).
To help Councillors perform their duties, we developed a Councillor Civic Support and Expenses Policy (PDF, 322KB).
It details our policies in areas including:
- conferences, seminars and training
You can download details of our recent expenses.