Work-life balance and flexible work arrangements
We offer a range of flexible working arrangements which aim to balance your work and life commitments.
Flexible working arrangements
We offer a range of flexible work options that can be requested and considered. These include:
- flexible start and finishing times, as well as time in lieu arrangements, where practicable
- work from home (depending on the nature of the work and operational impacts)
- job-share arrangement, where two or more of our employers share one full-time job, each can work part-time on a regular, ongoing basis.
We offer baby care facilities in our workplace
If you need to care for your baby’s needs, we have dedicated facilities available.
Diversity and inclusion
Known for visionary leadership, we have developed successful strategies and programs that embrace and promote a culture of diversity and inclusion, meaning all people can build a rewarding career and achieve their full potential.
We recently received the Human Resources Director (HRD) Australia’s Innovative Teams award, acknowledging our work in creating a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace.
Learning and development opportunities
Grow your skills and develop your career with us! Our learning and development programs are available to all our people and combine formal training activities with on the job learning, bite size knowledge sessions and job shadowing programs. Our learning and development offering include:
- comprehensive induction and onboarding activities
- internal professional development programs
- focused leadership development programs
- performance and development plans for all employees
- access to job specific training, conferences and seminars
- opportunities for internal promotion, secondments and short-term higher duties roles.
Eligible staff have the opportunity to apply for study assistance, which encourages you to develop your professional knowledge, skills and competencies by undertaking external formal studies and academic courses.
We offer a variety of leave entitlements for eligible staff which include:
- Annual leave
- Personal leave (sick and carer’s leave)
- Long service leave
- Bereavement/compassionate leave
- Study leave
If you run out of designated holidays, you can request to 'purchase' additional leave (voluntarily) by reducing your annual salary.
If you're an eligible primary carer you can take advantage of our generous parental leave entitlements.
Employee Assistance Program
If you'd like to discuss a personal or work related issue, our Employee Assistance Program offers free professional and confidential counselling.
Improving your health and wellbeing
We have a Health and Wellbeing program, that aims to foster mental and physical wellbeing. Current and past initiatives include:
- Active April
- the Heart Power Program
- International Women’s Day celebrations
- Mental Health First Aid
Get involved with our Social Club
Our Social Club Committee runs many events throughout the year including:
- a regular Happy Hour
- winter soup kitchen
- movie nights
- trivia nights
Recognition and rewards
Our Reward and Recognition program recognises your efforts and achievements.
As a Glen Eira employee, you can nominate a colleague for displaying outstanding achievement. Employees are recognised in many ways including:
- Quarterly thank you events
- The GREAT awards (Glen Eira Recognising Excellence and Talent) and Service Recognition awards — recognising loyal and continuous service.