All council planning schemes are listed on the Planning Schemes Online website. View the Glen Eira Planning Scheme.
About the Glen Eira Planning Scheme
The Glen Eira Planning Scheme is a legal document containing policies and provisions that control how people can use and develop land.
Our planning scheme has three main parts:
- maps showing how zones and overlays affect land
- ordinances setting out the written requirements
- incorporated documents
Planning schemes are binding on everyone including individuals, businesses, government departments and councils.
Why do planning schemes change?
We amend the Glen Eira Planning Scheme in accordance with the Planning and Environment Act 1987.
A planning scheme amendment may involve:
- updates or corrections
- changes to land zones or overlays
- new policy or development controls
- change to the ordinance or written part of the scheme
- more than one of the above.
Amendments sometimes include new plans, strategies or policies, or reflect a new circumstance or direction.
You can also look at older Glen Eira Planning Scheme amendments on the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website.