The plan includes a range of elements, such as:
- development and future land use
- transport and parking
- types and heights of buildings
- open spaces
- how to preserve and protect neighbourhood character.
Local and state Governments can use structure plans to make decisions about developments, investments and infrastructure improvements. They can also inform community members and developers about what change is expected and allowed in certain areas.
For a full overview, download the Bentleigh Structure Plan(PDF, 16MB).
To inform the development of the plan, we completed six stages of community consultation. For more information on how we included you, visit our Bentleigh community consultation page.
For more information on the plan, contact our City Futures Team on 9524 3333.
We adopted the updated Bentleigh Structure Plan 2018-2031 at our Council Meeting on 18 December 2018. Since then our officers have been working to implement the objectives of the Plan into the Glen Eira Planning Scheme.
We've developed a Planning Scheme Amendment package, which was endorsed by Council on 18 December 2018. The package has been submitted to the Minister for Planning to authorise it for public exhibition.
To read the agenda and minutes for this meeting, visit our Meetings and agenda page. You can also get hard copies of meeting minutes at our Customer Service Centre and Libraries.
The links below document our various reports and the final Structure Plan.
Structure Plan documents
Council research and reports
- City of Glen Eira Analysis of housing consumption and opportunities 2017 (.id) (PDF, 5.27 MB)
- Glen Eira Economic Analysis and Forecasting Study February 2018 (Blair Warman Economics) (PDF, 13 MB)
- Assessment of the Economic Impacts of Transformation Concepts on Activity Centres Bentleigh, Carnegie and Elsternwick, 2017 (Blair Warman Economics) (PDF, 5.22 MB)
- Peer Review of Glen Eira’s Draft Quality Design Guidelines and Strategic and Urban Renewal Development Plans Analysis, 2017 (Aecom) (PDF, 3.88 MB)
- Glen Eira Urban Context Report 2017 (Planisphere) (PDF, 1.87 MB)
- Glen Eira Draft Urban Design Guidelines 2017 (Planisphere) (PDF, 4.7 MB)
- Glen Eira Urban Design Analysis Report 2017 (Planisphere) (PDF, 3.56 MB)
- Glen Eira Community Benefits Discussion Paper 2017 (Planisphere) (PDF, 769 KB)
- Glen Eira Activity Centres Community Engagement Summary Final Report 2017 (Co Design Studio) (PDF, 8.44 MB)
- Glen Eira Transformational Concepts Draft Report 2017 (Planisphere) (PDF, 18.7 MB)
- Glen Eira Transformative Concepts Review 2017 (onemilegrid) (PDF, 11.6 MB)
- Transport Analysis and Forecasting Carnegie Discussions Paper (MRCagney) (PDF, 2.67 MB)