Each term participating schools are invited to nominate two students to partake in the program. Over the course of two meetings, a community issue relevant to local schools will be explored.
Topics covered in 2022
- Diversity and inclusion
- Community spaces.
Meetings are run online on a Wednesday from 9.30am to 10.45am via google meets.
- Focus on introducing students to one another and building rapport
- Confirm House Rules
- Introduction to the term’s topic
- Engaging and education exploration of the topic
- Providing a learning prompt for students to consider and develop a response ahead of meeting two.
- Ice breaker activity
- Rehash of the topic covered in meeting one
- Each school will take it in turn to share their response to their learning prompt
- General discussion about each other’s ideas.
At the conclusion of meeting two, schools will be provided with a toolkit to assist them if they elect to explore their student's prompts further in the school setting.
- Learn about the world around them and investigate contemporary civics and citizenships issues.
- Actively engage in topics relevant to their school communities.
- Learn from industry experts and be encouraged to broaden their perspective.
- Meet new young people with diverse life experience and opinions.
- Encouraged to think critically and enact problem solving skills.
- Supported to take part in advocacy and action.
Register your interest
If your school is interested in joining the School Engagement Program, complete the below and a member of the Youth Services team will be in contact with more information.