Proposed design details
We are excited to share the detailed designs for the proposed redevelopment of Carnegie Swim Centre.
The designs take into account feedback from the community during the last consultation phase in August 2020. We heard the community wants to retain the essential elements of Carnegie Swim Centre.
We responded to your feedback by keeping the centre within its current footprint. The design incorporates a red brick, timber and concrete facade, which is a contemporary tribute to mid-century design. We will keep the war memorial signage, the ‘grassy hill’ and lots of native landscaping and open space. We plan to apply for a Green Star rating in response to the recent Council declaration of climate emergency and net zero emissions by 2025.
The detail design for Carnegie Swim Centre includes:
- an outdoor 50-metre, eight-lane pool
- an outdoor diving pool
- an indoor warm water program pool and 25-metre learn-to-swim pool
- a concourse spa
- indoor sauna, steam room and accessible changerooms
- indoor program rooms
- a café
- outdoor children’s splash pad
- lawn areas and open spaces (including retention of the eastern mound)
- barbecues and shaded seating
- the retention of character and local charm.
Exterior — artist renderings
Outdoor aquatic spaces — artist renderings
Indoor aquatic space — artist rendering
Support spaces and amenities — artist rendering
Support spaces and amenities plans
Indoor aquatic spaces plans
Outdoor aquatic spaces plans
Health and wellness spaces plans
Environmental Sustainability Design initiatives
Carnegie Swim Centre news
Read current and past news about the swim centre.