Purposeful, Engaging, Empowering
We recognise and value the significant contribution that young people make in their local communities and is committed to providing opportunities for young people to engage in civic participation.
The Glen Eira Youth Advisory Committee (YAC) will be one of Council’s formal advisory committees. Members will provide their feedback and advice about Council plans and policies, ensuring that a youth perspective is considered on issues that affect the lives and wellbeing of local young people.
Meetings will be conducted face-to-face in an accessible venue, or if required online via zoom. There will be five meetings annually, with members expected to commit to attending all formal meetings.
Nominations are now open for young people with a demonstrated interest in the community, aged 12 to 25 years old and live, work or study within Glen Eira.
Nominations will close on Friday 28 May at 5pm.
Young person aged 12 to 25 years old who lives, works or studies in Glen Eira.
- Passionate about youth issues.
- Representative of our diverse community.
- Illustrated ability to consider and discuss a broad range of topics that may impact young people in the community.
- A desire and ability to participate in open minded conversations with a wide range of stakeholders in a respectful manner.
- Able to commit to the Youth Advisory Committee for a one (1) year tenure.
- 80 per cent attendance rate required annually.
- Proposed meetings for 2021 will be based on participants availability, such as Thursdays at 5.30pm to 6pm, at the McKinnon Library and Youth Services Pop-Up site. To be confirmed.
- Meetings will be held July 2021, September 2021, November 2021, February 2022 and April 2022
- For any applicant over the age of 18, you must be willing to obtain a volunteering Working with Children’s Check.
Applications close 5pm Friday 28 May