Bayside Waste Transfer and Recycling Centre
Location: 144 Talinga Road, Cheltenham.
Phone: 9585 4385
Opening hours: Monday to Sunday, 8am–4pm.
Drop off on site during opening hours. Sort and separate to avoid fees.
What is accepted at the Waste and Recycling Centre?
Bayside residents can dispose of the following materials free of charge. Items must be separated and placed in designated areas:
- aluminium and steel cans
- glass and plastic bottles
- milk and juice cartons
- paper and cardboard (commercial quantities will incur a fee)
- wine bottle corks
- household batteries
- car batteries
- scrap metal and white goods
- LPG gas bottles
- household paint – empty or full paint tins up to 20 litres (commercial quantities not accepted)
- household fluorescent tubes (commercial quantities not accepted)
- household light globes compact fluorescent globes (commercial quantities not accepted)
- e-waste – printers, monitors, central processing units of computers.
Charges will apply to
- general hard rubbish
- green waste
- building and demolition or renovation materials
- motor & hydraulic oil, mattresses