The proposal follows on from the completion of the ‘Residential Precinct’ (Stages 1-3), on the western side of Bond Street and the ‘Mixed-Use Precinct’ (Stages 4-8) on the western side of Caulfield Boulevard.
Application Number: GE/DPNO-18701/2021
Community feedback is sought by 1 April 2022.
In 2014, the design parameters for the site were introduced into the Glen Eira Planning Scheme setting guidelines for heights, setbacks and general built form. These provisions can be found within the Caulfield Mixed Use Area Incorporated Plan February 2014.
Additional information on the zoning and requirements for the site can be found in the Glen Eira Planning Scheme:
This application is for Precinct 3 West (Stage 9)
The proposed development comprises a mix of shops, food and drink premises and 354 residential apartments.
The application includes:
- Two levels of basement car parking containing 258 car parking spaces (250 residential spaces and eight shop/food and drink premises spaces).
- Shops, food and drink premises (comprising a leasable floor area of 1,778 square metres) and five dwellings along Smith Street serving as home based businesses at ground floor.
- Vehicle access to basement car parking via Station Street.
- Two buildings with a podium base of three floors with two towers above referred to as the northern and southern towers. The towers will be 14 storeys in height.
- A walkway between the two buildings connecting Caulfield Boulevard to Smith Street with a pedestrian crossing at Caulfield Boulevard connecting Stage 9 to Stages 7 and 8.
- Removal of 11 street trees on Smith Street/Station Street with landscape, street tree and public realm works proposed.
As the land is within the Priority Development Zone, residents do not have the right to appeal to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
The advertised documents and plans and documents are provided here:
- Caulfield Village Stage 9 — Advertised Plans (189Mb PDF)
- Caulfield Village Stage 9 — Advertised Documents (20Mb PDF)
If you have any comments about the proposal, please submit these in writing to us.
Submissions to be lodged to Council by Friday 1 April 2022
Submissions can be made in the following ways:
- emailing Council at firstname.lastname@example.org or
- in writing to Council — PO Box 42, Caulfield South, VIC 3162.
Submissions must include your name, email address/postal address so we are able to include you in any further correspondence regarding the Development Plan. If you are affected by the proposal, you must also identify the land that you say will be affected.
Please note: all submissions are public documents and may be made available to any person as part of the decision-making process.