What does the amendment do?
The planning scheme amendment proposes:
- variation of the wording of the Covenant contained in Instrument 0888051 to enable the development and use of the land for an Education Centre.
The planning permit application proposes:
- development and use of the land for the purpose of an Education Centre, reduction of the car and bicycle parking requirements, display of business identification sign and alteration of access to a road in a Road Zone Category 1.
Why is the amendment required?
The amendment is required to:
- facilitate the expansion of Shelford Girls’ Grammar School
- allow use and development of the land which is consistent with the strategic context and changing characteristics of the area.
The proposed use and development is currently prohibited by the restrictive covenant on the land title. The covenant was created by a transfer of land (registered instrument no. 0888051) dated 14 April 1919. It restricts the use and development of the land at 259 Glen Eira Road to:
- not more than one private dwelling
- use of building materials for the roof of slate, tile or other material except iron
- ensure the erection of the dwelling costs no less than 500 pounds inclusive of the costs of outbuildings.
Variation of the covenant to allow the proposed development will ensure it complies with the draft planning permit conditions and advertised plans that form part of this planning scheme amendment.
Council has received the Panel Report from Planning Panels Victoria detailing their recommendations for the Shelford Girls’ Grammar School Planning Scheme Amendment and Planning Permit Application.
The Panel concludes that it is appropriate to vary the covenant and issue the planning permit with modified conditions.
- Notice of preparation of an amendment (DOC, 37KB)
- Explanatory report (DOCX, 943KB)
- Instruction sheet (DOCX, 18KB)
- 52.02 (DOCX, 44KB)
- Planning Permit Application GE/PP-31418/2017 - Advertised Plans (PDF, 5MB)
- Planning Permit Application GE/PP-31418/2017 - Advertised Documents (PDF, 13MB)
- Draft Planning Permit (DOCX, 60KB)
The opportunity to provide feedback will has now closed.