Applications must be submitted seven days prior to works for the following permit types:
- road closure
- crane permit (road closure permits are in addition to a crane permit)
- parking spaces
- shipping container (includes Pods, containers or the like)
- footpath occupancy
- materials on nature strip.
How to apply
To apply for permit, please first complete our Road closures/crane permit/parking spaces on Council land/road or public reserve application form (PDF, 87KB) and pay the relevant fee.
You may need to provide us with the following information when submitting your permit:
- public liability insurance company, policy number, expiry date and insurance amount (min.$10,000,000)
- site plan indicating the location of works and affected properties (evidence of letter drop will be required)
- dilapidation survey plan
- VicRoads approval
- Yarra Trams approval
- consent of neighbouring properties (letter drop including evidence of affected properties contacted)
- Traffic Management Safety Plan
- Open space permit (if occupying Council’s parks a separate permit may be obtained from Council’s facilities booking officer on 9524 3333).
For further information, contact our Civic Compliance Unit on 9524 3333.