Nature Next Door school program
As part of Nature Next Door program, we will be offering the following educational sessions to all primary and secondary schools in 2019.
Birds and frogs
An expert zoologist will deliver an educational session on birds and frogs for up to 30 students.
The session runs for 45–60 minutes. This program is available in Terms 3 and 4 and is suitable for ages 6-12 years.
Teachers are trained in how to deliver the Insects and pollinator observatories and Birds and frogs sessions.
The training session runs for 60 minutes. This program is available in Terms 2, 3 and 4.
E-waste school program
We are offering schools education sessions on electronic waste, delivered by Green Collect. A speaker will be available to deliver the sessions at your school up until 30 September 2019. The session will:
- Introduce environmental concepts and processes required to understand the problem of e-waste in landfill.
- Use practical and hands-on examples to help identify e-waste items and specific components.
- Clearly explain the e-waste to landfill ban, how it will be implemented and the positive environmental outcomes that will be achieved.
- Provide a range of options and strategies for the community to effectively manage e-waste items they have and/or will generate.
- Communicate fundamental messages consistent with State Government and City of Glen Eira objectives.