Who is eligible?
The neighbour being nominated must:
- provide permission on the nomination form to be considered
- be a current Glen Eira City Council resident
- not be an employee of Glen Eira City Council
- not be a family member of the nominator
- offer their help out of their own free will and without monetary reward
- not be helping the neighbour as part of an existing formal volunteer role. e.g. delivered meals
- contribute to a positive community spirit
- engage in an activity that boosts the Glen Eira community well-being and the quality of life in the neighbourhood or enhance the safety or presentation of our neighbourhood or be a kind and helpful neighbour whose actions have impacted you personally.
If your nomination IS NOT successful, you can nominate that person again.
If your nomination IS successful, then that person may not be nominated again for two years.
When assessing nominations for the Good Neighbour Program, we will also consider the impact or benefit of the act on a resident’s quality of life and the community and the support has occurred.