Why should you apply?
- You like to assist older community members to maintain an independent lifestyle
- Feel connected with your community
- Meet new people and make friends
- Develop new skills and experience for aged support services.
About the role
We are looking for caring people to deliver meals on a roster basis to frail older people, people with disabilities or people recovering from illness in our local community. We deliver meals, Monday to Friday between 8.30am to 10.30am. Time commitment is flexible depending on your availability.
Volunteers have a chat and check in on clients which helps to decrease their social isolation and assist in monitoring their health and wellbeing. Volunteers play a vital role for people to remain living independently for as long as possible.
You will have:
- Jockeys are 16 years and over
- Drivers have their own vehicle and current drivers license (Petrol voucher is paid)
- Experience working with vulnerable people
- Knowledge of safe food handling.
Volunteering at Glen Eira
The City of Glen Eira is a dynamic municipality located within the south-east metropolitan region of Melbourne, approximately 10 kilometres from the CBD. Council provides a range of services to over 155,000 residents from more than 160 cultural backgrounds and over 16,000 businesses.
Glen Eira City Council is a collaborative, values-based organisation that strives for innovation. Our employees and volunteers bring their diverse backgrounds and varied experiences and perspectives to an inclusive and flexible environment, creating a unique and vibrant culture that is representative of the municipality it services.
We seek people who share our community focused values and have a desire to create a positive local impact.
How to apply
Please complete the Volunteer Application form and send to SSupport@gleneira.vic.gov.au
Glen Eira City Council prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer and a child safe organisation. As a Council, we are committed to
- Providing a diverse and inclusive workplace that values the safety and wellbeing of children and young people, as well as all our employees and volunteers
- Receiving applications from people of all diverse abilities, skills, languages, cultures and backgrounds including:
- people with disability
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- LGBTIQ and gender diverse people
- Reconciliation and supporting the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander aspirations.
If you are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and require advice and support with the engagement process, contact our Aboriginal Civic and Cultural Officer on 9524 3333 or email MBickford@gleneira.vic.gov.au
We value the knowledge, skills and talents that all people can share with our workforce and community.