In October 2020, we sought views from traders and the community on the use of public space to:
- support businesses to cope with COVID-19 capacity restrictions;
- support community safety; and
- contribute to the look, feel and vibrancy of our shopping areas, to welcome and invite people to shop locally
From the positive feedback we received, we introduced a new parklet program.
A parklet is a temporary outdoor dining space that uses approved on-street car parking for extra chairs and tables, allowing a business to safely extend their trading area beyond the footpath.
To help us assess the program, we're seeking feedback from:
- members of the community
- owners/managers of businesses with a parklet
- owners/managers of businesses without a parklet
Share your views by taking part in a survey.