All Victorian councils are required to complete a Domestic Animal Management Plan (DAMP) every four years. The DAMP outlines Council’s approach to the management of domestic animals, which includes the following:
- encouraging the registration of dogs and cats
- promoting responsible pet ownership
- minimising the potential for domestic animals to create a nuisance
- minimising the risk of dog attacks on people and animal
- managing dangerous, menacing and restricted breed dogs
- monitoring and tackling overpopulation and euthanasia rates.
We now need your ideas and thoughts to help us develop our approach to managing domestic animals in Glen Eira. The survey is open until Tuesday, 31 August 2021.
Share your feedback
We would love to hear from you. Let us know what you think by completing our survey
Want to have a chat?
- Email DAMP2022firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details and a Council Officer will get in touch with you.
- Attend one of our Zoom online webinar sessions to learn about the project, provide your ideas and have a chat with us: