We are confident that this Budget not only continues the effort that has commenced in recent years, but also provides the necessary investment for a successful future.
Our focus for the next year is to support and lead our community’s recovery from the pandemic and continue to deliver quality projects and services that make our City a great place to live, work and do business.
In the draft 2021–22 Budget, we have allocated $66.3 million for:
- asset renewals
- upgrades and expansions including Open Space Strategy implementation
- sustainability initiatives
- building improvements
- community safety projects
- renewal and upgrade of Council’s major infrastructure assets such as footpaths, drains and roads.
The draft Budget also includes information regarding your rates and residential garbage charges. The Budget provides for a ‘Hardship Rates Relief Support Package’ for ratepayers who continue to be financially impacted by COVID-19.
As part of the Budget process, we will be hosting two information sessions:
- In-person, Monday 24 May from 6pm at Glen Eira Town Hall
- Online, Monday 31 May from 6pm via Zoom.
You can register for these events by emailing email@example.com
The opportunity to provide feedback closes on Friday 4 June 2021.
Submissions received will be heard by Council at a Special Council Meeting on Tuesday 15 June.
Subject to any amendments resulting from the submissions, the Budget, Financial Plan and Revenue and Rating Plan will be considered for adoption at an Ordinary Council Meeting on Tuesday 29 June.