- March – Children of all ages and their families visited Elsternwick Library to celebrate the birthday of award-winning Australian author, Mem Fox. Ninety children read and borrowed her iconic books, met live possums, got crafty making green sheep, and were entertained by a very special Possum Magic-inspired magic show.
- Party in the Park at Princes Park on Sunday 17 February
- Party in the Park Under the Stars at Packer Park on Saturday 19 January
- Party in the Park and Pet Expo at Packer Park on Sunday 17 March
- January - Carnegie Library and Community Centre transformed into outer space with a mobile planetarium dome and interactive workshops for 100 children. They learnt about distant galaxies and exploration of the universe and were entranced by the 360° digital projections as they toured the night sky and solar system.
- March - The free to play community piano heads to Murrumbeena Train Station
- Playspot Pop Up Playgroup at Carnegie 15 February
- March - 100 children and their families entered the wonderful, wacky world of Dr. Seuss at Bentleigh Library. There was great excitement as the library hosted a Dr Seuss’ Birthday Bonanza with lots of favorite characters, and creative sessions making Cat in the Hat masks and Grinch glitter slime!
- March - Brightening Bentleigh is underway with two new murals nearing completion on Vickery St
- The Bee Movie for Earth Hour 30 March
- January – Almost 1,200 children and teens participated in the Libraries’ Summer Reading Club, reading 12,000 books over the summer break. This annual program encourages children to keep up their reading practice through summer, and includes incentives, interactive activities and complementary programs running at all the libraries to promote a love of books and reading.
- February – Glen Eira Libraries ran a series of popular mindfulness workshops for 200 children, families and adults to practice relaxation, stress management, and mindful movement techniques to instill a sense of wellbeing and self-care.
- Sensory friendly film session ‘Incredibles 2’ was held at the Glen Eira Town Hall on Sunday 10 March with 40 children and adults in attendance.
- Exploring Nature exhibition at Glen Eira City Council Gallery – 22 January – 10 February
- International Baccalaureate exhibition at Glen Eira City Council Gallery – 14 February – 3 March
- Paper Walls exhibition at Glen Eira City Council Gallery 7-24 March
- Excavating Modernism exhibition at Glen Eira City Council Gallery 7-24 March