Utilisation of Council community function rooms
- Figures above represent the monthly bookings of Council’s eleven Community Function Rooms: Bentleigh McKinnon Youth Centre, Caulfield Park Pavilion and Community Room, DC Bricker Function Room, Duncan Mackinnon Reserve Social Room, East Caulfield Function Room, Glen Huntly Park Function Room, McKinnon Public Hall, Murrumbeena Function Room, Packer Park Function Room, Moorleigh Function Room and the Moorleigh Community Village Centre.
- Users consist of a mix of community casual hire, regular hire (e.g. judo, ballet, gymnastics and Pilates groups), licence agreements and internal Council bookings.
- Licence agreements are in place for rooms at Moorleigh Community Village Centre, Bentleigh McKinnon Youth Centre (YMCA Victoria) and DC Bricker Pavilion (Sandringham Dragons).
- Figures exclude the Town Hall and Carnegie Library Rooms.
- At venues other than our licence agreement venues, there is capacity and opportunity to increase casual hire and external regular hire usage.
Sports ground usage
- Q3 figures do not account for pre-season training use. This would represent an addition 300-400 usage units
- Q1 (10-week period) Q2 (11-week period) Q3 (10-week period)
- Summer sports usage differs from winter sports usage. E.g. cricket usage only allows two teams to be allocated to a timeslot in summer – E.g. Fri PM, Sat AM, Sat PM, Sun AM and Sun PM.
- Oval 1 at Bailey Reserve closed in Q 1 & 2. Bentleigh Reserve closed in Q2. Oval 1 at Bailey Reserve was brought back online for Q3, however in limited capacity in line with turf management requirements.
- School & casual usage and passive (dog walking and active play) usage is not calculated as part of the weekly allocated hours per sports ground.
- Q3 club usage increased in 2019 due to capturing all mid-week club competitions including T20 and women’s cricket. Junior introductory programming was also including in this year’s data.
- Q3 school usage increased in 2019 due to EE Gunn No.2&3 being reopened and heavily utilised by Kilvington Grammar who have a blanket daily booking during school terms.
- Q3 overall capacity increased in 2018 due to redefining of ovals at EE Gunn No.2&3 (capturing baseball x 2, senior turf x 2 and junior synthetic cricket) and McKinnon outer ovals (senior turf x 1 and 2 x junior synthetic cricket) which now provides a truer reflection of the overall capacity of sports played at these grounds.