Status and expenditure of programs this quarter
Projects completed this quarter
Some of the projects completed in quarter 4 include:
The Caulfield Wedge New Dog Agility Park
- Drainage works, construction of fencing, construction of pathways, turfing, planting and surface works.
Joyce Park New Open Space
- Construction of new multipurpose sports court.
- Installation of goals, netball goal and table tennis table. Construction and painting of plexipave sports courts. Installation of park furniture, shelter, seating, bike racks, etc.
- Garden bed construction and landscaping.
- Irrigation and turf works completed.
- Opened to the public.
Gardenvale Park playground upgrade and renewal
- Renewal and upgrade of play equipment.
Duncan Mackinnon Reserve playground upgrade and renewal
- Renewal and upgrade of play equipment
- Sportsground Lighting Upgrade, Oval 1 – Installation of four new poles and LED fittings completed. Upgrade has the ability
to switch between 50lux and 150lux depending on usage requirements.
Bailey Softball Diamond – New soft safety netting
- Construction of two new soft safety netting at the Bailey Softball diamonds.
Riley Reserve Reinstatement
- Reinstatement of levels and seeding of Riley Reserve following Melbourne Water main drain construction works.
New drink/ water fountains
Installation of two Choose Tap Water stations at Duncan Mackinnon Reserve and East Caulfield Reserve (donated by South East Water) which are designed to provide the community with water stations to refill water bottles and provide an alternative to the purchase of single use bottled waters.
EE Gunn shared path protection
- Installation of recycled plastic bollards to protect EE Gunn bike path from vehicle damage.
Park pathway lighting upgrade
Conversion of existing pathway lights to energy efficient LED lighting. Conversion works undertaken at King George Reserve, Centenary Park, Lord Reserve and Caulfield Park.
Packer Park, Carnegie
Retaining wall rectification - works completed to replace the pedestrian bridge and retaining wall due to structural failures.
Road reconstruction works
- Wallace Avenue, Murrumbeena. Crosbie Road to Reid Street. Construction works completed.
- Kinlock Ave, Murrumbeena. Brett Street to Reid Street. Construction works completed.
- Stewart St Reconstruction Murrumbeena Poath Road to Howe Street, construction works completed. Works included kerb and channel replacement, sections of road pavement and footpath replacement and road resurfacing. Installation of 179m of underground drainage up to 450mm diameter.
- Sussex Street Reconstruction Caulfield South Brooklyn Avenue to Steele Street. Construction works completed and included kerb and channel replacement, sections of road pavement and footpath replacement and road resurfacing. Installation of 200m of underground drainage up to 375mm diameter.
- Neville Street reconstruction Stage 1 (Albert Road to Koornang Road) works are in progress. Works include reconstruction of kerb and channel, a section of road reconstruction, asphalt resurfacing works and installation of 441m length of underground drainage up to 2,100mm diameter RC pipes
- Lancaster Street Catchment Stage 3B Drainage Works, Bentleigh East. Completed works include a combination of conventional and detention storage totaling 319m of underground drainage up to 1,800mm diameter.
- Godfrey Street Easement Drain, Bentleigh. Completed works included 77m of underground drainage up to 300mm diameter.
- Noora Avenue Drainage Works, Bentleigh East. Works completed.
- Bealiba Road catchment Stage 2B, Caulfield South. Completed works include a combination of conventional and detention storage totaling 481m of underground drainage up to 1,800mm diameter.
- Buckingham Avenue catchment Stages 1 and 1A, Bentleigh. Winsor Avenue / Osborne Avenue and St James Avenue works completed. Works included a combination of conventional and detention storage to mitigate flooding impacts, with a total storage of 747m of underground drainage up to 1,800mm diameter.
- Neville Street Outfall Drainage construction works completed, with asphalt reinstatement to be completed in early 19/20. Works include a combination of conventional and detention storage with a total of 156m of underground drainage up to 525mm diameter.
King George Pavilion redevelopment and extension
Construction works progressing.
- External paving works completed.
- Internal fit out commenced.
- Works on schedule for completion in quarter two of 2019/20.
Design works this quarter
Design projects progressed in quarter four included:
- Design of new Open Space. Concept design and community consultation completed. Results of consultation reported to Council. Road discontinuance process commenced and detailed design to commence in quarter one of 2019/20.
- Refreshed Masterplan endorsed by Council in June 2019.
Outer Circle Railway
- Management Plan (including Boyd Park) endorsed by Council in March 2019. Detailed design works commenced.
- Development of a refreshed Masterplan – Draft concept plan completed and endorsed by Council for community consultation
which commenced in quarter four.