Our advocacy efforts secured one-off State and Federal Government project funding of $5,676,461.00 including:
- $4,537,168 to improve local sporting facilities, including female friendly facilities, pavilion upgrades and new lighting.
- $489,293 to improve community safety, including new laneway lighting and graffiti removal projects.
- $350,000 to improve early years’ programs including a significant upgrade of the East Bentleigh Kindergarten.
- $200,000 to review social housing and develop a new strategy to meet future community needs.
- $100,000 to create a master plan for growth in Elsternwick.
Council secured the following pledges from the Victorian Labor Government during the Victorian State Election held in November 2018.
- $1M for the Lord Reserve Pavilion re-development and $1M for the Koornang Park pavilion re-development
- Woorayl Reserve to be offered to Council to secure the future of the reserve as community open space.
- 40 additional carparks in the Carnegie shopping precinct
Council secured the following pledges from the Australian Liberal Party during the Federal Election held in May 2019:
- $4 million for a community hub at Murrumbeena Park, Murrumbeena
- $10.5 million commitment for additional car parking around both Elsternwick and Bentleigh train stations.
Council will continue to work in partnership with Federal and State Governments to fulfil these election promises.