- make representations to State and Federal government Ministers.
- regularly meet with and make representations to local Members of Parliament.
- actively engage with local and state media.
- actively engage with and make representations to all candidates participating in State and/or Federal election processes.
- broker partnerships and strategic alliances with other local and regional organisations.
- submit grant applications to secure funding to deliver priority projects and program delivery.
- actively participate in peak governing organisations and their advocacy efforts, including the Municipal Association of Victoria (MAV) and Victorian Local Governance Association.
- work and partner with State Government authorities to influence policy, legislation and standards, including the Department of Planning and Infrastructure; VicRoads; Department of Health and Human Services; Department of Education; and the Environment Protection Authority.