The State Government, Sport and Recreation Victoria (SRV) announced the outcome of Council’s applications for the 2017/18 Community Sports Infrastructure Funding.
In the draft 2021–22 Budget, Council has allocated funding of $66.3 million for asset renewals, upgrades and expansions. The capital works program includes:
- building improvements including the upgrade and renewal of community facilities, municipal offices, sports facilities and pavilions;
- the renewal and upgrade of Council’s major infrastructure assets such as road reconstruction, drainage improvements, footpaths, local road resurfacing and car parks;
- recreation and open space initiatives;
- sustainability initiatives, including the installation of photovoltaic systems to generate renewable energy;
- community safety projects such as cross intersections, pedestrian and safer speed limits activity centre streetscape works; and
- technological solutions to enable customers to better transact with Council and make it easier for you to do business with us without needing to come to Town Hall.
The Budget, Financial Plan and Revenue and Rating Plan can be viewed online at www.haveyoursaygleneira.com.au
In addition to this, an information session will be held on Monday 24 May from 6pm to 7pm in the Caulfield Cup Room at Glen Eira Town Hall, and Monday 31 May, 6pm–7pm via Zoom. To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions received to the proposed Budget, Financial Plan and Revenue and Rating Plan will be heard by Council at an Ordinary Council Meeting of Tuesday 15 June. Subject to any amendments resulting from the submissions, the Budget, Financial Plan and Revenue and Rating Plan will be considered for adoption at a Special Council Meeting on Tuesday 29 June.
We are aware that the City of Monash has disclosed that, following an internal review of its infringement appeals process that it has concerns regarding its level of compliance with the requirements of the Infringements Act. It is important to note that no two councils’ contracts or processes with Tenix are identical.