Proposed sale of land adjoining 12 and 14 Doris Street and 2/52 Murrumbeena Crescent, Murrumbeena,
Planning and Environment Act 1987
Glen Eira Planning Scheme Notice of the preparation of an Amendment — Amendment C151
Glen Eira City Council has prepared Amendment C151 to the Glen Eira Planning Scheme.
The land affected by the amendment is ‘Caulfield Village’, generally bounded by Caulfield Racecourse, Kambrook Road, Balaclava Road, and Normanby Road and more particularly described in the Caulfield Mixed Use Area Incorporated Plan dated February 2014.
The amendment proposes to:
- Strengthen social and affordable housing requirements for future stages of the ‘Caulfield Village’ development by introducing a new objective, definitions and application requirements ensuring the delivery of either or both social or affordable housing, which represents at least five per cent of the total amount of dwellings to be developed in the Caulfield Mixed Use Area Precinct.
- Ensure that the boundaries of precincts shown on the Caulfield Mixed Use Area Precinct Plan, must not be altered in future development plan submissions.
You may inspect the Amendment, any documents that support the amendment and the explanatory report about the amendment, free of charge, at the following locations:
- At the office of the Planning Authority, Glen Eira City Council, corner Glen Eira and Hawthorn Roads, Caulfield (during office hours).
- Council’s website at https://www.gleneira.vic.gov.au/
- Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning’s website at www.delwp.vic.gov.au/public-inspection
Any person who may be affected by the Amendment may make a submission to the Planning Authority about the Amendment. Submissions must be made in writing giving the submitter’s name and contact address, clearly stating the grounds on which the Amendment is supported or opposed and indicating what changes (if any) the submitter wishes to make.
Name and contact details of submitters are required for Council to consider submissions and to notify such persons of the opportunity to attend Council Meetings and any public hearing held to consider submissions. The closing date for submissions is 20 November 2017. A submission must be sent via:
- Council’s website at www.gleneira.vic.gov.au/caulfieldvillage or
- mail to City Futures Department, Glen Eira City Council, PO Box 42, Caulfield South, Victoria 3162
The Planning Authority must make a copy of every submission available at its office for any person to inspect free of charge for two months after the Amendment comes into operation or lapses.
Manager City Futures