The focus of this grant program is to respond to the immediate challenges of COVID-19 and to help build community resilience, cohesion and connectedness both during and after the pandemic.
Grants of up to $10,000 are offered to be expended within six months of approval.
Applications open: Thursday 7 May, 9am
Application assessment: Applications will be assessed with applicants notified of the outcome within 14 days of submission.
Who can apply?
All community-based not-for-profit groups and organisations that service the Glen Eira community and;
- are incorporated
- have an ABN
- hold public liability insurance in a minimum sum of $20 million.
You may also be auspiced by an organisation that meets these criteria.
There is no limit to the number of applications or amount of funding an organisation can receive. All applications will be assessed based on alignment with these guidelines, community benefit and stated outcomes in the application.
What will be funded
- rent assistance/relief
- shortfalls in income required to meet operational commitments
- meeting governance requirements
- equipment and technology
- communications, connection and re-connection with members
- matching funds from other sources.
Programs for the community and vulnerable residents including:
- mental health and wellbeing initiatives
- welfare and aid assistance
- transitional programs and communications
- online and other activities that connect people during isolation
- recovery and resilience programs that encourage return to community life after the pandemic.
What will not be funded?
- Capital works
How do I apply?
Grant applications are made online by completing an application form through SmartyGrants.
To complete your application, you will need access to a computer, the internet and an email address.
Step 1: Open the online application form link at https://gleneira.smartygrants.com.au
Step 2: Select the application form — COVID-19 Community Action Grant 2020 Application Form
Step 3: Start an application — choose ‘Start a submission’ then ‘Login’ to SmartyGrants using an existing account or ‘Register’ a new account.
A new account set-up requires you to use your organisation’s/group’s email address as a username and create a password. Please ensure you record your login details. Once registered, you can then ‘Login’ and start an application.
SmartyGrants allows you to save your progress and return to your application at a later date, to open an application already started, log in and go to the ‘My submissions’ Link.