The focus of this grant program is to respond to the immediate challenges of COVID-19 and to help build community resilience, cohesion and connectedness both during and after the pandemic.
Grants of up to $10,000 are offered to be expended within six months of approval.
Applications open: Thursday 7 May 2020, 9am
Applications close: Friday 29 January 2021, 5pm
Application assessment: Applications will be assessed with applicants notified of the progress of their application within 14 days of submission.
Who can apply?
Applications have now closed, all community-based not-for-profit groups and organisations that service the Glen Eira community and;
- are incorporated
- have an ABN
- hold public liability insurance in a minimum sum of $20 million.
You may also be auspiced by an organisation that meets these criteria.
There is no limit to the number of applications or amount of funding an organisation can receive. All applications will be assessed based on alignment with these guidelines, community benefit and stated outcomes in the application.
What will be funded
- rent assistance/relief
- shortfalls in income required to remain viable
- equipment and technology for the purpose of providing programs or support to the community in response to COVID-19
- communications, connection and re-connection with members
- matching funds from other sources.
Programs for the community and vulnerable residents including:
- mental health and wellbeing initiatives
- welfare and aid assistance
- transitional programs and communications
- online and other activities that connect people during isolation
- recovery and resilience programs that encourage return to community life after the pandemic.
What will not be funded?
- Capital works
- Applications that seek to make up shortfalls from other levels of government
- Support for religious organisations to deliver their worship services to online formats
- Equipment and technology for administration purposes.